Therapeutic Counselling Sessions in Taunton
Free Health Chat
What is Counselling?
It is a talking therapy that involves a trained psychiatrist listening to you and helping you find ways to deal with emotional issues and provide you with the following:
- give you a safe time and place to talk to someone who won’t judge you.
- help you make sense of things and understand yourself better.
- help you resolve complicated feelings, or find ways to live with them.
- help you recognise unhelpful patterns in the way you think or act, and find ways to change them (if you want to).
Counselling for relationships is often short-term. Sessions typically include both partners, but sometimes one partner chooses to work with a therapist alone. The specific treatment plan depends on the situation.
Some couples seek professional consultation to strengthen their bonds and gain a better understanding of each other. Relationship counselling can also help couples who plan to get married. Premarital consultation by a psychiatrist can help couples achieve a deeper understanding of each other and iron out differences before marriage.
Call us at 01823 272227 to get effective, compassionate and clandestine counselling by our experienced psychiatrists. Schedule an appointment with our counsellor by simply filling out the contact form here.
How Can It Help Me/Us?
- Difficult life events, such as bereavement (losing someone close to you), or losing your job.
- Relationship problems like breakups.
- Upsetting or traumatic experiences, whether it’s something recent or something that happened a long time ago.
- Difficult emotions, such as grief, guilt, sadness, confusion, anger and low self-esteem.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Other mental health problems, talking therapies can help with a range of diagnoses, and specific talking treatments have been developed for some mental health problems.
- Long-term physical health problems.
What to Expect?
We will ask you questions in order to gain a thorough understanding of your life so we can determine how best we can support you moving forward. We will work with you to set some short and long term goals and we will constantly review progress to ensure that you are getting the best out of your sessions.
Why coaching and counselling?
Counselling and coaching will enable you to recognise patterns of behaviour and work towards a solution. You are an active participant which means, with the help and support of your therapist or coach, you are in charge of your own future happiness.
How Long Is A Depression and Anxiety Counselling Session?
Typically, a session will last for 60 minutes. But can vary depending on various factors, including –
- the severity of your symptoms
- the complexity of underlying issues
- your personal goals for therapy.
Dial 01823 272227 to know more.
How do I know if I need self-confidence counselling?
This can be needed if you frequently struggle with –
- low self-esteem
- difficulty asserting yourself
- experience self-doubt or self-criticism
- find it challenging to take on new challenges may be beneficial.
- Affecting your relationships, career, or overall well-being
We advise you to seek the guidance of a counsellor who can provide you with counselling for self-esteem and confidence.
What can I expect during bereavement counselling sessions?
During the session, you’ll find a supportive space to share your feelings and memories of loss. The counsellor will listen, provide emotional support, and guide you through the grieving process. They’ll help you explore emotions, address unresolved issues, and develop coping strategies tailored to your needs. Counselling can involve individual or group sessions, depending on what suits you best.