Free Health Chat
What is Counselling?
Counselling is a talking therapy that involves a trained therapist listening to you and helping you find ways to deal with emotional issues and provide you with the following:
- give you a safe time and place to talk to someone who won’t judge you.
- help you make sense of things and understand yourself better.
- help you resolve complicated feelings, or find ways to live with them.
- help you recognise unhelpful patterns in the way you think or act, and find ways to change them (if you want to).
Couples counselling is often short term. Sessions typically include both partners, but sometimes one partner chooses to work with a therapist alone. The specific treatment plan depends on the situation.
Some couples seek counselling to strengthen their bonds and gain a better understanding of each other. Relationship counselling can also help couples who plan to get married. Premarital counselling can help couples achieve a deeper understanding of each other and iron out differences before marriage.
How Can It Help Me/Us?
Counselling/TalkingTherapy can help you manage and cope with:
- Difficult life events, such as bereavement(losing someone close to you), or losing your job.
- Relationship problems.
- Upsetting or traumatic experiences, whether it’s something recent or something that happened a long time ago.
- Difficult emotions, such as grief, guilt, sadness, confusion, angerand low self-esteem.
- Depressionand anxiety.
- Other mental health problems.Talking therapies can help with a range of diagnoses, and specific talking treatments have been developed for some mental health problems.
- Long-term physical health problems.
What to Expect?
We will ask you questions in order to gain a thorough understanding of your life so we can determine how best we can support you moving forward. We will work with you to set some short and long term goals and we will constantly review progress to ensure that you are getting the best out of your sessions.
Why coaching and counselling?
Counselling and coaching will enable you to recognise patterns of behaviour and work towards a solution. You are an active participant which means, with the help and support of your therapist or coach, you are in charge of your own future happiness.
How Long is a Session?
Typically a session will last for 60 minutes.